Friday, August 15, 2014

THERE IS NO REASON TO FEAR THE ADOPTION HOME STUDY VISIT


Catch my latest blog on Adoption.net
As an adoptive mother and social worker who does adoption home studies, I see the process from both sides.
When I adopted, I resented someone coming into my home and seeing if I was qualified to be a parent. If I could get pregnant, no one would ask questions, review my medical history or look at my finances. But here I was, trying to prove to someone that I was a good person and fit to parent.
Much to my surprise, the homestudy went better than I thought it would........More
Kathy Ann Brodsky, LCSW is a social worker, adoptive mom and advocate for ethical adoption practice. She has prepared thousands of adoption homestudies, counseled adoptive parents and parents-to-be, and has trained professionals to work with adoptive families. She was named an “Angel in Adoption” by the Congressional Coalition on Adoption in 2001 and has a private practice in New York City. She is also Director of the Ametz Adoption Program of JCCA. She can be reached at theadoptionmaven@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment