Saturday, May 7, 2016

MOTHER'S DAY

In my family, there were strong, loving and nurturing woman always around. Someone who you could reach out to for support, guidance and a needed hug. Someone with whom you could share a joy or challenge, an accomplishment or a lesson learned. 

My mom is the most amazing person I know. She is wise, creative, loving and my biggest supporter. An Energizer Bunny and the "wind beneath my wings". 

My kids know they can rely on me. I have been their life guide, academic advisor, employment coach, medical consultant and "hoverer", while allowing them room to stretch their wings and let their personalities and talents fly. 

I think many adoptive parents think about birth parents  throughout each year. On Mother's Day (and Father's Day), I'd like to think they still wonder how they are doing. 

To all parents, by birth, adoption, blended into remarriages, those that foster or are a part of a larger community making a difference in the lives of a child, I wish you a day of happiness. 

Kathy Ann Brodsky, LCSW is a New York and New Jersey licensed social worker, adoptive mom and advocate for ethical adoption practice. She has prepared thousands of adoption homestudies, counseled adoptive parents and parents-to-be, and has trained professionals to work with adoptive families. She was Director of the Ametz Adoption Program of JCCA from March 1992 to March 2015, was Head Writer for Adoption.net, a member of the Advisory Board for POV’s Adoption Series She is currectly a member of the Adoption Advisory Board of Path2Parenthood and active in the Adoptive Parents Committee in New York, where she has a private practice specializing in adoption and adoptive parenting. She was named an “Angel in Adoption” by the Congressional Coalition on Adoption in 2001. Follow or reach her at ADOPTION MAVEN BLOG or EMAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment